Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Deeply Strange, Almost Impossibly Beautiful"


I got an email from my mom today, who got it from my bonus dad, who got it from a friend, who got...well, that sufficiently makes the point that it was a forward, those infamous cluttery creatures who typically confound the mind, waste time and bandwith, and break the concenatration. This one, however, is a complete rarity...it inspired my mind, was worth the minutes and space spent, and brings not just the moment but perhaps even life itself into focus. Check out the link to the top ten photos from the Hubble in it's first 16 years, as voted by astronomers. I like what Michael Hanlon of the Daily Mail said in his article: "...(these photos)illustrate that our universe is not only deeply strange, but also almost impossibly beautiful." What a terrific description, not unlike a few women I've met...

No comments: