Friday, January 26, 2007

Colors

Race is still a volatile subject in this America in which we live. Much is being said about the fact that for the first time in history a Super Bowl team is being coached by a black man. Actually, both teams are. As I was watching the games last weekend it seemed like every few minutes that fact was being made known, and I couldn't help but wish under my breath that they'd just drop it already. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it just seems unfortunate to me to make an issue of someone's race when the color of their skin played absolutely no part in their success. The coaches in the Super Bowl are there solely because they are outstanding leaders who've learned how to direct a set of talented teams to the next level. Anyway, I've said more than I intended, I just wanted to post a couple of links to articles I've read recently concerning race. One from Esquire, and one from ESPN. Check 'em out...

No comments: