Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Music of My Danse Macabre

Soon enough, we'll be hearing bright and cheery airs as we stroll gaily toward "the most wonderful time of the year." Yeah, whatever, I ain't in the mood right now. So, that being said, I've got a few more days to satisfy my jones for all things death, all things haunted, all things...macabre. And, if I were going to celebrate the great Danse Macabre, I'd want a soundtrack, dammit! And so, here's the must have collection of albums with which to dance with the damned; to celebrate the dark beauty of a black-eyed, raven-haired vixen; to scream terror-laced rants at Mephistopheles as we drink to our blood-lust for all...things...wicked. Peace:

1. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance.
2. Hellbilly Deluxe by Rob Zombie.
3. Back in Black by AC/DC.
4. City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold.
5. Fallen by Evanescence.
6. Appetite for Destruction by Guns N' Roses.
7. Highway to Hell by AC/DC.
8. Sing the Sorrow by AFI.
9. Lead Sails and a Paper Balloon by Atreyu.
10. Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for My Valentine.
11. Ten Thousands Fists by Disturbed.
12. Sinner by Drowning Pool.
13. Faceless by Godsmack.
14 Smells Like Children by Marilyn Manson.
15. In Love and Death by The Used.

Boo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget this one. Gives me the creeps every time.

I've heard that Amy Lee of Evanescence is working on a solo album. Something different than what she's done with Evanescence. Said she needs to prove she's "not a one trick pony."