Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christina: Moulin Rouge Revisited

It's been a while since the movie Moulin Rouge hit the scene (2001, 1952), but I recently revisited the glitz and raucousness via the soundtrack. I try to put on an album when I'm chugging on my treadmill or laboring on my Bowflex, and this past week the album has kept me fully-charged and motivated to finish my workouts. Of course, my favorite part of the whole shebang is the role Christina Aguilera plays in the music, singing on the track Lady Marmalade. As I was stretching pre-run the other night, her angelic voice lit up the workout room and I asked Bos if he knew who was singing, and he said without a hitch "your HWOTP". Damn, I've trained him well! Anyway, on a less 15-year-old-boy-fantasy note, it did get me to thinking more adult, mature thoughts. (Not that kind, silly!) I mean, I just got to thinking about how great some of the musical based movies have been. Of course, Moulin was a great show, but so was Chicago and Rent. I started to watch Johnny Depp's Sweeney Todd, but diidn't finish it. It looks like it'll be good, but I'm not certain. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of different movie genres, but I seem quite attracted to musicals. I'm wondering if there are any others that I should put in my que, and if seeing any of them live would add to my enjoyment, or turn me off. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Fiddler on the Roof. It's about a Jewish family living in Russia. Each of the family's five daughters makes an increasingly unacceptable marriage. It's just brilliant. I don't know if you'd like it or not (I could see you going either way, actually) but I love it. I have it on DVD if you ever want to borrow it.