Friday, June 29, 2007

"Sweep The Leg, Johnny"

Growing up as I did in the 80's, one of the greatest movies of all time is Karate Kid and the 373 sequels that followed it. Actually, 1 was great, the rest were just okay. Regardless, today I was made aware of a new band called No More Kings who came out with a great song called Sweep The Leg, in honor of the great line in the movie where Johnny of the Cobra Kai's was instructed to perform an illegal move on The Karate Kid, Daniel (...uh, son). The accompanying video to the song was pointed out to me today my buddy Kief, so check it out here. For more info on the band, click their name above for their official website, click here for their myspace page, and click here for the wikipedia page. Wax on...wax off...wax on...wax off...wax...

*****NEWS FLASH*****
These guys are performing at the Linton Music Fest on September 1, 2007, at 8 pm. The Fest is free, so you KNOW I'll be thurr...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a huge Karate Kid fan. So much so that I actually like the two sequels. I never watched the fourth one with Hilary Swank, though.

Pretty cool video. I wonder if that was really Ralph Macchio in the car near the end. Sure looked like him.

By the way, it's Daniel-san - san being an honorific in Japanese culture. I am a real nerd, aren't I?

jwfrog said...

Hey, main man, I'm glad to know you liked KK. Yes, it is in fact Ralphy, and that really is Johnny on the skates in the Speedo, and that really is the Cobra Kai gang in the trailer, and the guy on the bike is their Sensai. Yes, I know it's san instead of son, but I wanted to assist my non-KK readers with the phrasing...the band's not half bad, huh?