Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Peace Of Being "Caught Up"

No, for my churchy friends, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Rapture. (Props to you, R.B.) But, now that I mention it, rapturous delight would not come too far short of describing how it feels for me to finally catch up on my "to-do" list. What with the move to the office building in early November for my real estate career, to accepting more hours (lots, and lots, and lots) of them with the "second" job, I've had a helluva (props this time to you, mom) time staying on track and up to track on the things I need/want/MUST do. At this stage in my life I have to depend on blocking out every waking hour with detailed tasks and places to be. My life is certainly not lacking in demands, nor is it in any wise routine and boring. And therein lies my problem. I feel as though I function better when I can know well in advance where I'm to be, what exactly I'm to be doing, who I'm to be with, and a plan for all things in between. My schedule of late, though, has made that entirely an impossibility. But as of this weekend, I'm caught up and ready to make strides in December to keep things on track. Ahh, how relaxing...(RING...RING)...(DING: "You've got mail!")...("Daddy, can you come play with us NOW?")...("Hello?"..."Um, yeah, I need to buy a house, and it needs to happen like, yesterday! Are you doing anything, say, around 7:30 tonight?"...)...

No comments: