Monday, March 26, 2007

Cayman '07 Post 3

Our first order of bidness today was another fantastic football game on the beach (I'll try to snap a photo of the magic ball in the sand and post it tomorrow). After gettin' all sweaty and covered in sand and scrapes it was off for a brief repast in the hammock, just to chill. Then we journeyed over the "the pool with the island" where we spent the next few hours, loungin' and goofin' off. The pools are not so full of people this week because the water is frigid in all of them. We've noticed that if you dive in and get soaked all at once it's not so bad, but if you try the "dip your toes in first" method, you'll freeze to death somewhere around mid-thigh. If this sounds like a complaint, trust me, it's forced. The cool water is a perfect contrast to the burning sunshine, and offers a pleasant refuge from the heat. A lot of music and reading for me, interspersed with splashing and dunking games aplenty with my yahoo's was my course for the day...ah, the simple things are best, for sure.

The evening was supposed to be festive at the resort with a fire-eater and limbo party, but the wind and forecast for rain forced a postponement. After petting the iguana, and feeding it flowers, we headed back to Rum Point for the sunset. The pic above is of us on the deserted Rum Point beach where we goofed off and laid low before heading back to the our place. On the way back we ate at Over The Edge Cafe, an interesting, pirate-y atmosphere of an eatery that is, quite literally, built over the edge of the shoreline and looks out on the Caribbean.

Overall we've had another spectacular day, a lack of extracurricular activities notwithstanding. I mean, seriously, we're on a beautiful island in perfect weather...what more do we need? I've got my boys, my cell phone is turned off, and I feel at once attached and detached at the same time. Everything else in life is put on hold for a few days, and my fellas get all of my attention. I'm not quite sure they know it, but I can't imagine anything I'd rather be doing in all the world than having them close to me. If I'm dreaming, don't wake me just yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spending some time in the sun, eh? You all are markedly redder than your earlier pictures.

jwfrog said...

Oh, yeah...we are all quite red-shouldered, and the boys really got it on their ears and cheeks. Thankfully, though, the pain has been nearly non-existent and they are not at all interested in staying inside too much. The sunshine is pretty intense down here...especially for us midwesterners who haven't stepped outside shirtless in better than 6 months! Thanks for checking in.