Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Association of Former Pentecostals

Once again, Jabel has put me on to a worthwhile resource. I've added a link to my Surfin' the Pond section to the website of the Association of Former Pentecostals. My family has had a connection to the Pentecostal Holiness Church, an independent group of pentecostal Christians, for many years. I have a few memories from my childhood of experiences in pentecostal churches, and a large portion of my life from my mid-teens to late twenties was spent involved not just in membership, but in leadership in various capacities with them. For a number of reasons I have completely severed myself from any and all personal linkage with pentecostalism. I do have a number of friends & family, though, who are currently or formerly involved with them, so discussion about the group is quite frequent. I'm well aware of the lasting effects Pentecostalism leaves on those who choose to depart, and the tenor of this website offering "support" is not an exaggeration-that's exactly what many need.

No comments: