Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Items Of Recent Interest

A couple of weekends ago I went to OzzFest with my brother Cory. Ozzy wasn't at the Indianapolis show, but the headliner was System Of A Down, which I've referenced before in a previous post. I've liked SOAD for a while now, but after hearing them in concert and seeing firsthand how awesome they are, my fascination has reached a new level. Other bands of interest I heard were Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold who were also quite fascinating, to say the least. I'll be back, though next time I'll be sure not to go looking like a surfer...I didn't quite fit in with all of the black, and am quite thankful I made it out of there alive...

I've also made it a point to let myself get rawked by Junk a couple times in the last month. If you're hankering for a place to cool off, wind down, get crazy or let your hair down, find a venue where they're jammin' and have at it...

I picked up the new album by The Fray titled "How To Save A Life"...it's a good mellow listen, the great-for-background-music-while-you're-working-type, in my opinion...

I've been reading the Rule #1 book by Phil Town. If I get rich, I'll jazz up my blog and hopefully have the spare time to post more frequently than once a month! Then again, that may not be what the world needs right now...

Football season is upon us, and I was pumped to watch a bit of the Hall Of Fame game this past weekend, even if it was just the Eagles and Raiders. My unapologetic predictions are as follows: in the N.F.L., the Colts will FINALLY do it this year and win the Super Bowl; in N.C.A.A. Div. 1, Notre Dame will recapture some of their glory from ages past, making an all-Indiana set of champs for the year. Seriously, it will happen, just mark it down and congratulate me next February...

I now have cable internet and the ability to use my wi-fi functions of my laptop at the house now. Newsworthy? No, not really. I'm just wondering how in the world I have lived without it for so long...adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always glad for some music recommendations. Thanks.

And here's hoping you're right about the Chokes, er, Colts.

jwfrog said...

Well, as this week proved I totally missed it on the Notre Dame prediction. Let's hope the Colts help me out a little...