Monday, July 05, 2010

The Taking of Pelham 123


John Travolta is bad-ass, and that's all there is to it. In The Taking of Pelham 123, accompanied by Denzel Washington, JT kicked it in his role as the mastermind behind the hijacking of a subway train and the accompanying Wall Street manipulation.

The only negative I'd heard prior to watching was the opinion one of my more sensitive acquaintances, who reportedly suggested the language was a bit strong for her. I can respect the opinion, and for sure the movie produced an abundance of f-bombs and other strong language, but without them it just wouldn't be the same. These were hardened criminals, fresh out of the pen, working through a highly-involved criminal act, and the language fits the roles. "Excuse me, sir, would you kindly meet my demands? If you don't, I'll think you're just plain ol' mean!", and anything less than rough talk wouldn't suffice.

Watch it, be thrilled, and root for who you want. The good guys are sometimes bad, the bad guys are sometimes good, and that makes deciding tough!

No comments: