Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Harry Potter Wishlist

Just a few more days and the mad dash will be on to view Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. I must confess that I'm a late comer in the HP world, having like so many who erroneously heaped shame and scorn on all who partook of it and yet claimed to be Christian! If I feel like it, I'll humiliate myself on that further at a later time, but for now I have an agenda. Christmas is coming soon ("Hark! The Herals Angels Sing!"...props to you and your love of Christmas music, Jabel) and I need to blog my wants and wishes for the season for those of you who are compelled to lavish gifts upon me. Actually, what follows is of utmost importance, for with just a few of these items checked off I'll have no need of further presents. From 10 to 1 I'll rank what I want that I've read in the Harry Potter series, and you can feel free to choose as you will, and as your budget allows. Here goes:

10. Quidditch Set
09. Room Of Requirement
08. Hogwarts, A History
07. Time-Turner
06. Portkey
05. Marauder's Map
04. Firebolt
03. Floo Powder
02. Wand (preferably the one that chooses me...)
01. Invisibility Cloak

For good measure, please throw in a pack of Chocolate Frogs and some Bertie Botts Every-Flavor-Beans for my stocking. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Here's how I would rank your list (I deleted Hogwarts, A History and Marauder's Map and added a phoenix and a pensieve):

10. Floo Powder
09. Room Of Requirement
08. Portkey
07. Time-Turner
06. Phoenix
05. Pensieve
04. Quidditch Set
03. Firebolt
02. Invisibility Cloak
01. Wand

jwfrog said...

Yeah, I wrestled with the Phoenix and Pensieve both, but when all was said and done the Marauder's Map won out because hey, how cool would it be to know where people were at all times? The book verses the to you added...well, that's probably a tough call. I just think I could learn some valuable stuff from the book and use it to my advantage. Not to mention, I'd like a copy of the HBP's book! Above all, I'd like to just plain be magical and not such a loathsome, boring muggle...