Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cincinnati Reds


I've been a fan of the Reds for a few years now, since the trade that brought my favorite major leage player over from Seattle, Ken Griffey, Jr. The last few years have ranged from dismal to disappointing to downright "I'm not even gonna' watch...", but this season is different. As of today they are just 2 games back of the Cardinals for the top spot in the N.L. Central, and things are exciting again.

The above picture was taken a couple of years ago when I last visited Great American Ball Park with my boys, Boston (now 9) and Britain (now 7). They are actually why I'm posting about the Reds today, as we are planning a return trip in the coming weeks. Each of my boys has followed in my footsteps and like both the Reds and Griffey! Of course, their fascination with my favorite player probably has more to do with the video games they play than it does me, but hey, the end result is the same. I'm looking forward to a day with the guys again, sittin' out at the ol' (new, actually) ballpark, checking out the game, splurging on $6 hot dogs and $5 drinks, and soaking up the rays all in the fabulous venue which is Great American. If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it. Oh, yeah...there should be some pretty good baseball to watch, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

jwfrog said...

Thanks, anonymous. If you were really concerned you'd tell me that to my face, and you'd identify yourself.

Anonymous said...

You know, there's nothing like going to the ballpark and enjoying a day with the family that God gave you and no doubt takes great joy in seeing you spend time with. It's almost an image of God's relationship with us to see a Dad take along his kids to shape and mold them around a game. And obviously, Jeremy, you're having a great impact on your boys.
To whomever posted the first message, I am a pastor, and you have no idea about what you're talking. The Jesus who pardoned a woman caught in adultery and himself disobeyed the Bible by breaking God-breathed Sabbath rules surely takes great pleasure in our joy. Go to a baseball game and check it out. It's not ungodly, and you won't be corrupted.
At any rate, Jeremy, hope all's well, and that the baseball game went well.
Blessings, man.

Anonymous said...

I think some Holiness folks discovered the internet. I had an anonymous commenter leave something on my "conversion to Lutheranism" story. You know, I've built again the things I once destroyed, and worse yet, I'm mean.

Let me know if your candlestick comes up missing.